Tuesday, May 30, 2006


I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend. I sure did. My wife's best friend from high school was down with her future husband and some more friends. We all hung out on the lake and went skiing (very good cross-training). I used to laugh at my wife when she said she was sore, now I just empathize. It was really great considering the vast majority of the people there were endurance athletes so it was good to swap stories over some cold beer.

This morning was great: Here's the breadown:

5:00 Alarm rang wife says: "I'm so proud of you for waking up and training" I said "what are you crazy, I'm going back to bed (usual excuses, too early, didn't sleep well, I'll do it in the afternoon).
5:15 Training partner Kevin calls: "Hey man, I'm coming over are you ready to do some cycling" my reply: "of course, I'm waiting on you"
5:40 we hit the road. The weather was amazing, I'm guessing around 65 degrees no humidity, and we owned the road! The first 10 miles we were averaging over 21 mph. Then some hills came and some busy traffic (we were on a highway).
6:40 we had biked around 22 miles and now the fun starts: "the run"
It was funny passing this one guy running, we had passed him a couple of minutes ago on the bike. When we passed him on the bike (he was running) and gave us the classic "wussy" look you should man-up and run. When we passed him running (he was walking by then) he gave us the "you guy's are crazy look"
I got to work around 7:30ish so not too terribly bad, but definitely some major room for improvement on the run time. Hopefully, I can work in a swim today. Hope all is well.

No comments: