Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I had a great day working out. I biked for an hour (over 20 miles) and did the elliptical for 30 minutes (~3 miles). I did start out pretty bad, as the other night I noticed in a favorite cycling magazine of mine that George Hincapie likes to keep his heart rate around 180. So when the bike asked me my target heart rate, I of course stated 180. I then noticed for someone my age this was the max heart rate for the cardio zone, so I thought: "perfect." Well, many embarrassing moments later I realized that I'm not the 180 type athlete "yet". Everytime I got to around 140 the machine started to make noises and was blinking: "resume workout". You see the pedals were making it harder to get my heart rate up, and my legs weren't exactly cooperating with the whole thing. O well, still I had a fun time. Hopefully, within the next couple of days I can get in a long run.

No comments: