Monday, June 08, 2009

Ironman Training


This weekend I FINALLY got a good semi-long day in.  Definitely, not a full Ironman training day, but definitely long enough to know that it is prime time for Ironman Training.  I was fortunate enough to be with my buddy Kevin.  We had a warm-up pace heading to the water, we pulled each other while we were doing intervals.  

My friend Kevin swam in college, so it is pointless to actually swim with him.  But we did get in the same amount of time, about 30 minutes.  I always joke that I actually swim as fast as him, I just don't swim in a straight line.  Note, when we race in a lap-pool I have to get a little more creative with my excuses.

We had a nice bike ride back doing some more intervals.  Kev, had to cut it short, and I "had Georgia on my mind" so I headed out to the valley.  

WARNING!  This is about to get deep, so if you want to just follow me and my triathlon training, stop here!  

As I was riding all by lonesome, I couldn't help but just think about the completely awesome creator we have.  The sunrise, the morning dew, the deer, the complete silence and the sounds of nature.  If you are having a hard time empathizing - then you need to get outside more!  

"He bought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because he delighted in me." Psalms 18:19 

No comments: