Friday, August 08, 2008

8/8/8 not such a lucky day after all



If pride comes before the fall, then greatness comes after the fall, right???????

I was cross-training today, climbing a 5.12 route up the face of Lookout with my buddy Corey. I was reaching for our next pitch, and then he slipped, I shoved my hand into a crack and was holding both of us in thin air, then the friction slipped, and my knee found a friend name a very hard rock, and this is what happened.

Actually, none of that happened. But it would be a better story than the real one. Here is the real story:

I was pumped about today's workout. Number one reason: I was going with my buddy Corey, who is a serious mountain biker, but just getting into the triathlon scene. However, he can hold his own in any conditions on any course.

I rode out of my house at 5:45, and we cycled to the dam. No big deal. The wind had the waves kicked-up a notch, which made it a lot funner. After that we tackled some hills and was then back on the river walk for some cycling.

We then ditched the bikes and headed out for a nice run. We were both talking away, keeping the conversation going when I ate the pavement. It seems it is perfectly acceptable in Chattanooga for a sewer circle to stick out of the ground by half a foot in the middle of a sidewalk.

Here is the result:


So tapering it is...

8 comments:

Ivey Handcrafted said...

I am SOOO glad you are okay - and here's to a speedy recovery! Glad you and corey were together!!! Hope you get to leave soon on your ice cream vacation!!

NursAdrn said...

Oh that sucks!! As said by anyone who has the IM bug....Speedy recovery!

Becca said...

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!

Amy said...

OH Jimmy! First of all YUCK! Just kidding. I was so sorry to hear about your accident. Chris called right after he talked to you and I freaked out! Try not to let it get you down too much! Let us know if we can help at all.

Michael said...

Absolutely horrible. I just have to say I was walking downtown today and decided to dodge the sewer grates. Didn't want anything to do with them. Hope you recover fast.

The Miles's said...

Dude, does this blow your Louisville ironman? SO sorry. But more sorry that you're missing out on all the ice cream.

Let me know if you need the Miles mowing service.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

On the bright side, chicks totally dig that stuff.

Who knows? Maybe you need to get off your feet a little. When will you be back in action?

Jimmy said...

I just got back in from the Doctor and I will be able to compete (read: complete) Ironman Louisville August 31. No real training allowed until then though.