Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Addicted to Inspiration

There is no single word to describe my current being other than the word, addict. When someone tells me about some "impossible race" out there I reflexivly go look to see if I qualify and see if I have the time (and the money) to do the race. So for the past year I have heard about the jellyfish at Ironman Florida, the wind at Ironman Florida, the seemingly infinitely flat run at Ironman Florida, and so on Sunday, I signed up for Ironman Florida.

I don't care if you never do a triathlon and never want to. I want everyone to watch this video below. I have seen and heard most of the top motivational speakers in this country and nothing matches the video below.

5 comments:

Becca said...

YAY!!! The Whitakers will mark it on the calendar and you believe that we'll be there...again!!

Congrats - looking forward to supporting you and your training over the next year!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Becca said...

YAY!!! The Whitakers will mark it on the calendar and you believe that we'll be there...again!!

Congrats - looking forward to supporting you and your training over the next year!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Amy said...

Good for you Jimmy! I know you are excited. Looking forward to hearing about you 2nd "path to the ironman."

If you want more supporters, I know three Bradberrys who would love to cheer you on!

Chris said...

That is awesome Jimmy! I'm so stoked for you. Thanks for the great video as well.

Chris

SAQ® International said...

Great Video. My neuromuscular condition has stopped me running but am still fighting..
Is this of value for your training?

I am spreading the word of Milokit - two-strap suspension bodyweight training. Two anchors, unlike TRX, means more natural training environment. First sponsorship has gone to The Athertons, current downhill mountainbike world champs (http://www.animalcommencal.com/). Check it out:

http://www.milokit.com/milokit-7-p.asp

WHY TWO STRAPS?

Efficient body mechanics. Two straps allow the body to move within its natural range of motion (R.O.M.).

Safety. Staggered pulls without risk of straps slipping. Single arm and single leg exercises with confidence. Bicycle hamstring drags without risk of supporting leg dropping to floor.

More stable. Advanced exercises put great stress on ankles, knees, shoulders and core stability. Perform with confidence without risk of equipment slipping. Two straps and two anchors mean bodyweight stress is shared.

Greater comfort. With straps anchored at a shoulder width or more apart the MILOKIT® will not cut into the arms in pressing and dips exercises.

Greater versatility. High quality carabiners give added ability to connect to a wide range of accessories.

Visit the site and drop us a line why doncha...