Monday, April 23, 2007


I had an amazing ride Saturday going up 2 mountains (Suck Creek and Signal) for a grand total of 60 miles! This was my first long ride and I felt pretty good through the whole thing. The only time when I was in serious pain is going up the second mountain, but I finally figured out it was because I had been on a bike for 3 hours.

I was planning on being hard-core and not getting off for the sag in the three-state, three-mountain race. But that plan is definitely over!

The entire ride was gorgeous and I had a great time riding with my training buddy Kevin (who was fully prepared for "at least 15 miles").

While I felt bad that he did a lot more than he bargained for, he could have left anytime. PLUS, we both know, and hopefully everyone else out there, that this is what training for an IRONMAN and completing an IRONMAN is all about. Knowing your limits, and then finding out that you didn't know your limits!

No comments: