Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Swimming

First, let me state the obvious: Swimming is really inconvenient. Running is easy to pick up, cycling is just too fun not to do and worth the hassle and gear, but swimming is just really inconvenient. I was going to get up early and be at the pool by 6:30 A.M. , strangely enough my wife woke up and told me it was really cold outside and just swim in the afternoon. As you all know, at 5:45 A.M. I was looking for any excuse possible, and that one seemed perfect. At 7:00 when I stepped outside, I saw and felt exactly what she meant. There was frost outside! It would have been a very cold morning.

So I swam in the afternoon and met a guy who was training for the Sand Diego Half Ironman. I told him that I swam out there under forced conditions once (Marine Corps Boot Camp) and the water was pretty cold. He said he was more worried about the 9 ft. swells! I guess I won't have to worry about that in the river.

Anyway, I swam for 30 minutes straight and felt good about it. I then did a sprint home in the hardest gears I could find. Today, I plan on enjoying the mountain on the bike and then running with my dog.

No comments: