Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sorry, for the delay I've been slammed at work- but it is official I have completed my first olympic distance triathlon! The swim was nice, as it was by Chattanooga's art distric and had some nice scenery with the houses. The bike was tough as we did two big bridges two times and then had some serious headwind! The run was the most dissapointing for me personally, the first half mile was straight up-hill. But now I no, what to expect for the future... I'm definately going to scale back my plans and now concentrate on getting better at the Olympic distance. I really don't think I'm going to do another sprint (with the exception of Hilton Head) due to it not really helping me accomplish my goal of an Ironman.

As I told my friend Kevin, if a sprint wanted us to get better bikes, the Olympic distance will really tug at your wallet for a lighter, faster version than our current versions!

For those of you that don't know I am also on myspace.com at www.myspace.com/jimmymoncrief

I just added some great cyclist as friends so be sure to check out their sites!

If anyone has any good future triathlons to do in the Southeast, let me know.

Cheers,
45 813 Jimmy Moncrief M 25 Chattanooga, TN 0:27:44.25 0:02:09.41 1:23:09.25 0:01:37.18 1:08:31.95 3:03:12.04

No comments: