Monday, July 24, 2006

I had a great ride into work this morning and me a woman named Lynn who was also biking into work. She was very nice, and bikes to work for environmental reasons (note: she had peace sign earrings). She told me for every 4 miles you drive, your car emits 8 pounds of pollutants! It doesn't take a math geek like myself to realize that the average commute in America is 16 miles (one-way; 32 round-trip). So we multiply 32/4*8 = 64 pounds of pollutants a day for the average American. Multiply this by your state (mine, Tennessee' 5.7 mm people) = Heck of a lot of nasty stuff in the air!

I really do wish more people biked to work because I KNOW their lives would really be changed for the better as they would realize the REAL BENEFITS! Can I say "real" one more time?

PHYSICAL EXERCISE; LESS STRESS THAN DRIVING, ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY; WALLET FRIENDLY!

No comments: