Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bike, Run, Swim

The past week I had some "motto workouts" this is what we called them in the Marine Corps, when a workout was tough, but also motivated you at the same time. On Friday, I biked up Signal Mountain and rode in a downpour with a friend for about 3 hours. On Saturday, I ran in the rain for an hour and half and on Monday I swam 2.8 miles (200 links)! I was pumped on Monday because not only did I finish it, but I finished strong.

Thursday is my last day at work so Friday I plan on doing a really long workout.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey, I'm about a year behind you, and thinking about doing the half IM in Oak Ridge, the Atomic Man.

Question: you wore a wetsuit (per your blog), was that pretty common at the race? The water is plenty cool enough to warrant one? Your opinion, is it possible that they don't allow them, or is pretty much a given that lake will be cool by late September?

Thx. Good luck.

-brittany- said...

Kevin

Thanks for the comment.

I would highly recommend a wet-suit; simply b/c of the hydrodynamics it offers, the water temp isn't that bad.

I know it's brutal, but practice running in the heat. I'm a runner (2marathons) and I totally bonked on the run due to overheating. Keep me updated!