Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend



Well this was my wife's first Mother's Day so I definitely wanted to make it a hit. I know any bloke could think of a nice dinner out, flowers and chocolate, but Ada (my daughter) and I wanted to do something different...something from the heart.

Ada proposed that if it was a hit, she would get the credit, and if it was a failure I would take the responsibility. I was too impressed with her keen insight of the risk/reward relationship to argue. And for those of you know wondering if my daughter already has me twisted around her finger - the answer is yes.

But this really was all Ada's idea. She told me that all mom does during the day is hold up a black thing to her face and it makes a funny clicking sound and sometimes it flashes (read: camera). So I picked out some camera accessories, revealed it to my wife on Friday, and told her to get ready to use it the next day.
We then met up with some friends and did some light hiking around Foster Falls and watched some rock climbers. It was a great experience. My daughter found nature so relaxing that she actually went to sleep, while hiking, a skill I know she got from me!
This week, I'm going to take it fairly slow as my knees are still recovering a bit. Yesterday I ran and today I think I'm going to do some swimming and maybe some cycling.
I hope everyone is enjoying this great weather!

3 comments:

-brittany- said...

Thank you for the insight into Ada's mind. I have always wondered what she was thinking and know I know. Thank you to you and Ada for a fabulous weekend.

Ivey Handcrafted said...

What a great weekend you had planned! You are a great husband and daddy! And thanks for the kind words on my blog - that made me smile!

Emily said...

You get SUCH super daddy/husband points for the weekend away! Nice job, Jimmy!