Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bad Week / Good Week

Last week wasn't the best of weeks. I won't get into the details, but it wasn't that great. I was determined to make this a good week and so far, so good. On Sunday, my wife and daughter did their first 5K. I was the proud supporter on the sideline as well as a VERY CRITICAL VOLUNTEER.

I was the back-up timer for the back-up timer. Everybody kept asking me: "why don't you run in it" to which I would reply - "but then who would be the back-up timer for the back-up timer?"

Monday, I had a great ride up the mountain which was preceded my a great mile swim, then another ride, then a full 2 hours of lawn mowing and yard work - condo fee's don't seem that high after I think about it.

Tuesday, I met with a friend who has done several Ironman's. It was extremely helpful - not one of those let me share my painful stories with you meetings but a meeting that I think will really help me come race day. I had another great swim with my friend I affectionately call Irish (who can swim faster with 1 arm than I can with 2) who gave me a couple of quick pointers, which helped my time and efficiency tremendously and then I was off to the Tuesday night ride. I'm either late or early and after multiple failed attempts I hadn't found a good group to ride with, but last night was a different story. I found my group and had a blast! I did interval work all through the beautiful rolling hills in the Tennessee Valley. In all, I biked over 40 miles yesterday after swimming my measly mile.

Then a great friend of mine who I rode with introduced me to the best Japanese food that has ever touched my tongue. Much to the chagrin of my friends, I shunned the white sauce, but nevertheless, it was awesome!

Hope everyone has a great hump day!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ada's first 5k! How exciting! And I'm loving your training stories. You're just so hard core.