Monday, February 25, 2008

Prentice Cooper...Mullins Cove Trail Run


This isn't my photo, but it is a photo of the trail I ran on Sunday. It was one of the best runs I have had in a long time. My friends kept telling me about all this fun they were having running trails, and I honestly didn't think it would be that different.

I was pleasantly surprised. I would compare running to trail running like I would compare climbing on the top of my roof every year to clean the gutters to climbing El Capital in Yosemite. It didn't feel like I was running at all. It just felt like a great day in the woods. It was mid-60's and I found some great views.

The only bad thing about the day was that I couldn't bike there and had to borrow my wife's car. (arrggghhhh) To make matters worse I had to climb one of my favorite mountains in a nasty pollution machine instead of a nice bike. The reason I couldn't was that there is a 6-mile gravel dirt trail that I had to use to get to the trail. Last weekend I climbed the mountain on my bike, with my running shoes slapped on my back and thought I would just hump my bike 6 miles to the trail. I would have done this, but I was constrained by time.

So on Monday, I plan on registering for the Rock Creek River Gorge Trail Run which benefits the Cumberland Trail Conference.

1 comment:

Whit and Lindsay said...

Nice Jimmy...glad you enjoyed the trails....sometimes I feel like it is the only way to run.
Whit