Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've got a new favorite training time: Sunday before church. The weather is great and no one is on the road at this time. Usually I'm watching political shows and eating donuts, but since I have given up by powdery friends and all politiceans pretty much lie ( or at the very least get nothing to very little accomplished) this new time is significantly more productive for me.

So I decided to check out the new bike section for the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon. And it officially sucks! Not to be a complainer, but Chattanooga is one of the prettiest city's in America, and once again, the organizers have chosen one of the worst routes possible. Last year was Amnicola Highway (for you non-Chattanoogan's) that's basically an industrial park. Now, it's on an a major highway, with rolling hills, which is good for all Chattanoogan's and extremely bad for everyone else.

Trust me, for all Chattanoogan's who think the hills "are bad, but not that bad" you clearly haven't cycled the path yet, and have only driven the course.

For me, I would rather go climb Lookout Mountain! I mean if your gonna climb at high noon in July with 100% humidity, you might as well be in the shade and have a fun ride down, right?

So here is the link for the worst bike course for a Chattanooga Triathlon.


As for the run course, which is "partially new" who knows, maybe this year they actually measured the distance and we may only have to run 6.2 miles instead of the 10 last year!

No comments: