Monday, February 12, 2007

I ran home from work today, it is great weather in Chattanooga, as I think it was in the high 40's, which is perfect long-distance running for me. Today I realized the power of REST. I haven't ran since Friday, and I was running very fast all 10 km. Tommorrow I plan on running some serious splits, so we will see how that goes at 6 in the morning.

I have also really enjoyed cross-training over the weekend. I make it a point to either do an hour of Yoga or go biking. I think this has really helped me stay healthy for running non-stop during the work week.

Another thing I have been doing is increasing my mileage ever so slightly. Running really is more convenient than anything. One of my hobbies is to check out real estate. So I have been varying my route to add an extra hill and/or an extra mile a couple of days a week, which all ads up when you run every day.

No comments: